Thursday, March 26, 2015

Driving Me Crazy!

I-95N: March 24, 2015


BEST ROAD TRIP EVER!

This sweet boy spent nearly the whole drive in my lap!

The only view of Gallifrey we saw


River just soaking up the last bit of sun he will see in a while

A photo we snapped at our forced pit stop

My lap has got to be more comfortable than water bottles...

Last state line we hit before nightfall came.



We had planned to leave work by noon so we could be on the road by 2pm. 
We got home at 2pm. We split up to get everything done faster. We finally pulled out of the parking lot by 5 freaking pm. It's awesome living in an office park when you leave to go somewhere at 5pm. It took us about an hour just to get to the outskirts of Jax. Right around that time was when Gallifrey thought it would be a good time to use his crate as a litter box. He couldn't even wait till we were out of Florida! We were forced to stop at the Georgia welcome center to clean him up. Then back on the road! Just after South Carolina state line I started getting antsy and couldn't sleep like I was supposed to so Gretchen and I switched and I ended up driving the rest of the way. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had slept more than 3 hours the night before, but oh well at least we made it eventually. Gretchen slept about 80% of the time, of which I am jealous of, but totally don't blame her for doing so. I started getting sleepy and hungry so I woke her up long enough to stop at a Cook Out in North Carolina. We really need one of those in Jax please. With renewed energy we kept trekking up 95. River is a trooper! He just hung out the whole time and chilled. He started getting upset around hour 9, but I was pretty close to tears myself so he wasn't alone. Poor guy was getting whiplash bouncing around while driving on crappy Virginia highways. Gallifrey luckily didn't have any other incidents. 

We pulled into my mothers driveway at 330am Wednesday! And the crazy woman greeted us at the door. We quickly dragged everything into the basement, cats included, and promptly passed out!

If I can spend the rest of the trip driving with the slightest bit more sleep I will never complain about being tired again. I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment